- Number of downloads: 4789 (+3501)
- Installation count: 1924 (+1487)
- Number of ratings: 25 (+7)
- 5 stars: 19 (+5)
- 4 stars: 5 (+1)
- 3 stars: 1 (+1)
- Average: 4.7 (+0)
- Admob: 28.50$ (+23.17$)
- eCPM: $0.34
- Requests: 84,500
- Impressions: 84,500
- CTR: 0.95%
So, major improvements in downloads and income it seems. I haven’t tweaked the software so much, I mostly only changed minor details in tracking of user events. The biggest change for the users were the performance improvements I’ve made to reduce lagging. I also made one change to improve the game play experience during first try, but also with mixed results. What I also added is a question that asks players to rate my app, but since that happened, only 2 or 3 more votes happened, so I have to analyze what’s happening there…
Marketing wise, I only tried tweaking the market’s description of the game. It includes now a couple of references to similar games and that helped a bit to boost downloads / installs, though it doesn’t explain all the changes.
What also improved the income was to set a cycle time for the shown advertisements. I didn’t set any time until a few weeks ago when I set the cycling rate to 40 seconds. That improved the number of shown advertisements by a factor of around 3. Income wise, this change improved the income not so much. I can’t really say for the figures are hard to judge – around the same time I made that change, the download rate improved quite dramatically. The CTR went down from around 1.5% to .5%. So maybe the effect was almost zero.
So – except for the numbers, I am not much smarter I guess. But I am glad that downloads and installs have improved so much.